Login | Register

Start a New Discussion

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one now

Recent Tags

Search Tags

Social Bookmarks

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I'm trying to get as many people as possible in hostels around the world to organise hostel food sharing days/nights. The idea is that people in the hostel get together, each person cooks a typical dish from their own country, then they all share it. Super simple.
    I've set up a facebook group you can join here;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=83440732121

and stick up photos from a food day you've been involved in, or recipes that've been cooked (recipes from the day can also be shared around by email/facebook of course).

The idea arose from an evening we had when I was staying at art factory hostel in Buenos Aires. Here was the menu of the day

Snag (sausage) rolls (Australia)
    Traditional xxxrthumbrian Stottie Bread (UK)
    Beef Salad (Australia)
    Escalopes in a creamy mushroom sauce (France)
    Meatballs and mashed potato (Sweden)
    Quesadillas (Mexico)

It was one of the best evenings of culinary delight in my life. I didn't eat a thing the next day.

So talk up the idea to everyone in the hostel, stick a note on the noticeboard and get the staff involved (we used the staff as the oficial tasters for the evening) stick posters up and then get cooking.

Any comments or suggestions, do you like the idea, have you done something similar before, do you think i'm a total nutter, whatever, would be greatly appreciated.

You can also email me on -

internationalhostelsfooddays@ymail.com

- if you've got something you don't want to put on a public forum.

So, get cooking and enjoy
Add your comments
    Username Password
    Not a member? Click here to join.